Thursday, January 24, 2013

Crock Pot Pork Chili Verde

I don't know about the rest of you but my crock pot is my new best friend. Love love love it. Makes life so much easier. This recipe is pretty simple and tastes amazing. I've made it multiple times and it's one of my favorites. This recipe calls for 3 lbs of meat but we had about 6 lbs so we doubled the recipe. My hubby is the one that actually put it together this time so it's his hands in the pictures.:) Hope you all enjoy. Happy eating.:)


Ingredients:
  • Pork shoulder
  • Green enchilada sauce
  • Diced green chilies
  • Onion
  • Garlic
  • Salt 
  • Pepper
  • Cumin
  • Sour cream


Chop onion and garlic and brown in a pan.


Put into crock pot.


Cut meat into cubes.


Add meat to pan and brown.


Add to crock pot on top of onions and garlic.


Deglaze pan with beer and add to crock pot.


Pour in enchilada sauce.


Pour in chilies, salt, pepper and cumin. Stir and cook on high for 1 hour and switch to low and cook for another 7 hours.


Stir in sour cream at the end of cooking.


Yummy. Serve with tortillas. 


No comments:

Post a Comment